|Baked Maple Cinnamon Donuts|
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 20 mins
Serves: 24 holes
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- 1 6 oz container of vanilla yogurt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 1/2 tablespoons real maple syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss the cinnamon and sugar together and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together all the dry ingredients. In another bowl stir together oil, lemon juice, maple syrup, egg and yogurt.
- Make a hole in the center of the dry ingredients and pour the wet ingredients into the hole. Gently fold everything together until combined. Divide batter evenly into a greased muffin pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool for a few moments and then flip over onto a cooling rack while still warm.
- Use a pastry brush to butter your donuts (or just dip ‘em!) and then dip each donut in the cinnamon sugar mixture to coat.